The Red Hat and Pipe Tavern

/ By Twin_Lance [+Watch]

Replies: 50 / 5 years 327 days 8 hours 36 minutes 33 seconds

[size11 You have been wandering the port town for a while when you notice a building that everyone seems to be running towards, or avoiding all together, with the hint of fear in their eyes.
You become curious once you reach the building. You then read the sign above:]

[size11 'The Red Hat and Pipe'.]

[size11 As you step in, you are greeted by the owner who shouts the words "Purse out! Shake it about! "; it seems one can not enter without proof of coin. On further inspection, you notice a boxing ring -confused as to why it is there. The Tavern has 8 guest rooms each with a single bed and 4 staff rooms each with one bed. The staff and tenants all seem friendly, and you have all the food and drink you could desire. But this place is prone to danger and sudden change.]

[size11 Do you decide to leave or shake your proof of coin and take a seat?]

[center [pic http://www.ambient-mixer.com/images_template/e/3/f/e3fc254d8d9137aa506bd5c3572d98f6_full.jpg]]

[b [size10 Basic ES Rules Apply]] : [size10 This applies to any nudity in photography/inappropriate photography, sexual interaction, Flame-Wars, Bigotry, etc. If seen, you will be [#FF0000 [u immediately banned from the thread and all misdemeanors reported to Jimmy]].]
[b [size10 No Rascism]] : [size10 Any hint to [u Racism] or if any [u Racist Words] are said : You will be [#FF0000 [u immediately banned from the thread]].
[b [size10 No Drama]] : [size10 Any form of drama - Personal vendettas, bickering, personal drama, whining, complaining, arguing etc. will result in a [#FF0000 [u Temporary to Complete Ban]] depending on the severity].
[b [size10 No forms of Text-Talk of any kind]] : [size10 If Text-Talk is used, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]] and you will have to correct it.]
[b [size10 No OOC-Chat Spam - In the Thread or in the RT-Chat]] : [size10 This is not a [u Casual-Chat Thread]. We Roleplay here, so : [u [#FF0000 if chatting becomes your only reason for being here, take it to PM]] Some chat is fine, but don't over do it, please. If you participate in the following, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]] and you must correct it; if you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].].
[size10 [b Proper Grammar]] - [size10 This is an absolute [b MUST]. At the minimum, you [u [b must]] make your sentences understandable. One-Liners are [#FF0000 [u NOT] acceptable.] If you cannot comply, you will simply [b not be allowed to join].
[size10 [b Be Realistic and Reasonable]] : [size10 Though this is a Fantasy-Thread, please be reasonable with your characters. Everything has limits, one way or another. - This is a sub-rule to the God-Mod rule.]]
[size10 [b Mary-Sues, Attention-Seekers, and Gary-Stus]] : [size10 These are not allowed in any circumstances. If caught using one, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]] and you must correct it; if you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[size10 [b Characters]] : [size10 You can use a variety of character types - however, please scroll down to the "Character Type Limit Rule" for more information on that. Canon-Characters and Special-Case Characters are limited and can be used by a SELECT few. Any Canon-Character Rip-Offs will be denied access/use. Please be UNIQUE with your characters. Don't just jump someone else's bandwagon. Make the OCs your own.]
[b [size10 No Modern Technology - This is mainly a [u Old-Age/Fantasy Thread]]] : [size10 Cellphones, TVs, Computers, Cars, Planes etc. This also includes: Any form of Futuristic Tech, from Space-Ships to Alien tech. All items listed are not allowed. If caught using said items, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]] and you must correct it. And if you do not comply : you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[b [size10 No God-Modding]] : [size10 This includes : [u auto-moving another character, fighting another without the other user's consent, auto-harming another character, putting characters in situations they cannot get out of, controlling others' characters, and even having overpowered/unkillable characters.] If caught, you will receive [#FF0000 [u One Warning]] and if you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[size10 [b Swearing]] : [size10 This is fine, but please do not have them cuss/curse every third word - basically, do not make your post just a giant wall of curse words. If constant cursing becomes an issue, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]]. If you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[size10 [b Fist Fighting in the Tavern ONLY]] : [size10 Fist-Fighting can take place anywhere in the establishment - and by anywhere, we mean anywhere. Drunken brawls are going to happen. Weapons can be on-person, but they cannot be drawn out. If caught, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]]. If you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[b [size10 Weapons and Non-Fist Fighting]] : [size10 If you wish to draw your blade in combat, use offensive magic, etc please take this outside. All non-fist fights are to be taken out of the establishment. If you do not, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]]. If you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[b [size10 Deaths of characters is FORBIDDEN within the TAVERN - Unless you are Twin_Lance or WolvenGlade ]] : [size10 Death is only acceptable when you are [#FF0000 off and out of the Tavern property] - unless you are [u Dave Featherfist] and need to take out a bothersome tenant. Once you are outside, however, it is fair game. However, be mindful of the God-Modding rule. Fights are to be fair, and if a character is planned to be killed off, discuss this with Mods, the Owner, and the user of the character in question before killing them : If you kill in the tavern, or kill without proper permissions, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]]. If you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[size10 [b Character Types are LIMITED] : Example - Vampires were once a big 'hit' - Everyone was suddenly using them. It is now LIMITED to only a few users. If a certain character type becomes a giant hit and EVERYONE is suddenly doing it/the character type is flooding the thread: the role will immediately be limited to only a select few people. If caught trying to use a already limited character type without permission, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]]. If you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[size10 [b Instant Romances Are Forbidden]] : [size10 If you want a romance, and the partner with you wants to start one up, then so be it. But this place isn't just for that - so please do not suffocate us with hormones. If you attempt to force romance-plots onto other users without their consent, or attempt to make your lovey-dovey crap the only main focus in the tavern's plots, you will receive [#FF0000 [u One Warning]] and you must correct it; if you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[size10 [b Do Not Mess with Tavern Property]] : [size10 This means you cannot destroy or damage ANYTHING in the tavern. It is not your property, so don't mess with it. If caught, you will be given [#FF0000 [u One Warning]]. If you do not comply, you will be [#FF0000 [u banned from the thread]]].
[u [size10 [b The Tavern Basement is : OFF LIMITS]]]: [size10 If anyone is caught entering or even opening the bloody door, this results in a [#FF0000 Automatic Character Killing and a potential [u [#FF0000 ban]] if you are caught continuously attempting to enter it.]

[size13 [#0000FF You can only receive a total of [u THREE WARNINGS]. Once you get three strikes, if you break one more rule, the Role-Play Staff will discuss the punishment acceptable. We will come to a joint decision while going over any evidence we find on the matters that one is accused of. The judgement will vary : This means you could be Temporarily Banned or Permanently Banned from the "Red Hat and Pipe".]]

[size10 [b ::Character Types Limited::]]
[size10 Vampires] - [size10 Allowed Users : ::MIA:: Jinxed_ , ::MIA:: PrincessAryanna , ::ACTIVE:: Nullifcation (Gabriel)]

[size10 [b ::Character Types : Special Permission Canon-Characters]]
[size10 Wheatley and Claptrap : ::MIA:: Jinxed_]

[size10 [b :: Character Types: Special Permission Canon-Rip-Offs]]
[size10 ::MIA:: PrincessAryanna ]


[center [pic http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/Yukisukano/Elite%20Skills%20RP%20Pieces/7018dbf3-9222-44ec-8999-7f2196dec058_zps27ee2755.jpg]]

[size12 If you have any problems: From rule-breaking to questions of the thread : Please PM any of the following depending on the severity.]

[size11 [#FF0000 Thread Owner: [http://rp.eliteskills.com/u.php?u=21272 Twin_Lance]]]

People Online

Realtime Roleplay/Chat (not stored forever)

  Currently: No Character - Profile Logout
WAK [Sound when new reply]

Realtime Responses



Roleplay Reply. Do not chat here. (90 character limit.)

Custom Pic URL: Text formatting is now all ESV3.

Roleplay Responses

[b Picking up his drink and walking away, Draemon notes not to mess with that lady, she seemed to busy when he asked for her name. Rather he walks back to his corner of the bar and sits down, half expecting nobody to bother him, but also hoping someone would. He pulls out his notebook to doodle a bit in the meantime...]
  Draemon / Anarchist_Zeta / 30d 3h 25m 14s
A few minutes after the siblings,or Clara guessed,another pair came walking inside the tavern.Clara noticed that the female was quite shaky while walking.When they had started walking to the back of the bar,the same person looked around and started talking to the male as she went closer to him.As soon as they had made their minds they sat down.

Clara blinked as a new scent wafted passed her.As she took a deep breathe and tried to recognise the scent,it only made her tail move back and forth.As a familiar image popped into her head,her tail stopped moving and curled its tip.The sea.The female neko frowned in confusion,why was the scent of the sea even here?and how did it even get in here?As she tried to pinpoint the source of the smell,she found herself looking at the female and male duo whom just came.'Why did they smell like the sea?Are they perhaps sailors?Live by the sea...or mermaids...' as Clara asked herself,the last question nearly made her jaw drop.'But that couldn't be!Mermaids can't last a second without water and where are their fins?!' as she continue to rack her brain for an answer,the tavern door shut itself as a new customer entered the place.

As Clara looked up,she noticed the man had asked for a strong drink."That man must really want to forget something badly..." she muttered as she had pushed the mermaid question to one side and blinked at the males direction.
  Clara / Oranges / 184d 16h 59m 13s
[h3 [#1a3a84 Haku] & [#af6feb Cachia]]

[pic http://i.imgur.com/g7E6Rdam.jpg]

Haku helps Cachia walk as the two head for the tavern, Cachia's legs shaking quite a bit, [b [#1a3a84 "You're going to have to practice a bit more, little sis... Otherwise your always going to have to rely on someone to get to places on land..."]] Cachia kinda pouts, [b [#af6feb "Your one to talk! Foxes and deer taught you how to walk on land! You know I get along and understand sea creatures more than land creatures..."]] Haku smiles as he stops, kinda ruffling Cachia's hair, [b [#1a3a84 "I know... You're trying your best... I'm just worried about when I'm not around to help... Both you and Rosa haven't adapted to land yet... Just take your time. Okay?"]]

The two of them stop in front of the tavern, [b [#1a3a84 "We can rest in there if you like... Order a few drinks maybe something to eat if they have any food. What do you think?"]] Cachia is very hesitant as she can hear the people inside, however, her legs are feeling very sore, and she gives in, [b [#af6feb "Okay, fine but can we at least sit as far in the back as we can, please?"]] Haku smiles, [b [#1a3a84 "Sure."]]

Haku aids Cachia into the tavern, taking out a bag of money, and shakes it before heading to a spot in the far back. Cachia looks around, very nervously as she gets closer to her older brother, not use to being around so many other people. [b [#af6feb "Have you been to one of these places before?"]] She whispers. [b [#1a3a84 "Once. It was very noisy and crowded, more crowded than it is here. It caught me off guard at first but since the last place I went to had a pretty catchy name, so I figured this might be the same kind of place. Think they call these places a tavern?"]] Cachia sighs, [b [#af6feb "So you brought me in here on a whim... Oh well, at least I can rest a bit now."]]

Cachia sits down in a chair with the help of her brother, who then sits next to her. [b [#1a3a84 "Hey, at least I've had a bit of experience with places like this. You spend most your time in the water."]] [b [#af6feb "Because I feel comfortable in the water. Being on land like this is very strange to me and these legs feel like their killing me with every step I take!"]] Haku puts his hand on his sister's shoulder, [b [#1a3a84 "It will get easier, I promise. I can teach you how to walk better if you'll let me."]] A small smile appears on Cachia's face, [b [#af6feb "I would like that..."]] Haku smiles back, slightly petting his little sister's head.
  Haku Nixe / Kilala25 / 198d 2h 21m 33s
Clara,without hesitation,turned around and went back to her original table when the wolf did not reply."Geez...Its been so quiet here,I wonder why." Clara muttered as she rested her head on her palms as the thought ran in her mind.

As the sound of the tavern door being opened reached Clara's ears,two sets of footsteps followed it.One thumping loudly like they were moving around excitedly and the other quite soft and hesitant,as if the being was quite nervous or jumpy.As Clara looked up,she saw two human males.The eldest looking male was making quite a fool of himself,in her opinion,while the younger one of the two tripped over a chair.Clara giggled at the scene before her.

They must be new here,Clara thought as the younger male grabbed the older one but failed when he was,in return,being led to the bar.
  Clara / Oranges / 200d 16h 1m 4s
Kie followed his brother into the tavern, looking around nervously. He jumped a little when he heard the tavern owner shout. Alright, maybe more than a little. He might have jumped so much he tripped over a chair. He got back up, straightened the chair out, and looked around sheepishly. The first thing he saw was his brother dancing around waving the gunny sack of coins around. He groaned lowly. His brother was quite the fanatic, and didn't seem to realize it. He pulled his own coin purse out, a red velvet bag, and shook it. Blushing, he then grabbed the back of his brothers jacked and attempted to pull him to the back of the bar.

Amos was having none of Kie's shy attitude, and instead started walking towards the bar stools upfront, dragging Kie behind him. This, of course, made Kie turn an even brighter shade of red than he already was. He finally settled in a bar seat beside his brother, who was already ordering drinks for the both of them.
  Kie / ArgentumLupus / 229d 22h 48m 33s
Amos hurried down the street, with his younger brother tagging along after him. He heard a muffled voice call out from behind him, "Slow down. Where are you going?" Amos shook his head and shouted over his shoulder to his brother "Why, in the opposite direction of everyone else of course." It seemed obvious to him that all the fun would be at wherever these people were not, the stiffs these humans were. In all of these years he never quite got them. They didn't enjoy his magic. So what if he made someones house disappear and forgot the spell to bring it back? They should have just been impressed with his skills.

Amos was a warlock, along with his younger brother. He never knew his father, and his mother had been burned at the stake when he was thirteen, leaving his six year old brother in his care. That was a long time ago though, and Amos had forgotten just how much time had past. He hadn't aged for the last few hundred years, give or take a hundred.

Amos followed peoples weary looks and rushing pass to arrive at a tavern. He rushed through the door to hear a shout "Purse out! Shake it about! " He found the wording hilarious, and pulled out a gunny sack full of coins, shaking it while giggling.
  Amos / ArgentumLupus / 229d 22h 55m 15s
Clara looked up as she heard someone speak."How interesting..." She smiled as she heard him finish,her tail swayed gently as she stood up and walked up to the wolf."Well here goes nothing,Hopefully...He isn't rude..." She thought before tapping his shoulder."Hello there, I'm Clara.Nice to meet you!" She said as she raised her hand and smiled.
  Clara / Oranges / 263d 19h 16m 41s
In one of the corners, a strange, yet reclusive wolf was sitting at a table, drinking a flagon of rum. [B "Goggles down and the cannons up, blood starts pumping as I drain my cup..."]
  Strantus / SilentHiller / 323d 13h 45m 4s
[b Setting his cup back on the bar once the tender collected all the money, he heaved a sigh of relief to see he wasn't alone, and drinks slowly while looking at the one with a mask that raised their glass at him. He blinks and looks back down at his notebook, closing it for the day in the hopes of exploring more of the surrounding areas tomorrow. He stands up and tucks the journal away into his satchel, sauntering over to the masked figure he recognizes as a lady, and sits down next to her.] [i "So what may I call you miss?"]
  Draemon / Anarchist_Zeta / 344d 2h 25m 12s
As Clara heard a man saying that the round of drinks all over the tavern was on him,She laid her head down with her face beaming in content as her ears moved forward."At least some people now are quite generous,aren't they?"Clara mumbled to herself as she watched a masked lady raise her glass.
  Clara / Oranges / 1y 3d 17h 36m 7s
Red eyes opened as the man announced he was buying everyone drinks. She raised her glass in appreciation with a small smirk behind her mask.
  [K] Liar / WhiteLove / 1y 3d 23h 48m 40s
[b Waking up from a nap after dosing off listening to the sounds of the tavern, Draemon raps a bit on the counter with his glass and produces another coin from his satchel for a new round. Feeling generous he stands up and screams,] "a round for the whole tavern, ON ME," [b and places a bunch of currency on the counter for the barkeep to pay for all of the drinks.]
  Draemon / Anarchist_Zeta / 1y 3d 23h 56m 59s
As her reply reached her ears." Oh...If you don't mind telling me,What brings you here?To this town and tavern?" Clara asked as she mentally face palmed herself for changing the subject too quickly.

Although Clara felt embarrassed for changing the subject,she also felt quite curious on why this lady was here in the first place.
  Clara / Oranges / 1y 56d 19h 27m 29s
[center [i "..Thank you once again, SSweetheart."] More appreciation is granted. A comportment which had been practiced once immensely. This time, with something quite similar to a smile now, the 'Flowered' woman gingerly took a seat alongside the [i feline] girl.]
[center [i Feline?]]
[center Her mouth form a little 'o' in surprise. It appears she had finally regarded the gi-Clara's Grimalkin ears. A moment later, after recollecting herself some, the woman is capable enough to respond. [i "..What a quaint name you have, Clara."] Another heavy pause. [i "..I do not remember my real name any longer. Apologies."]]
[center Meanwhile, the Dire Buttercups would elegantly sway about with every slight gesture she committed.]
  うそつき / siho / 1y 57d 7h 57m 7s
Clara turned back to the woman as she heard her speak."Yes,you may." Clara replied as she pulled out a seat.

"My name is Clara,What's yours?" She asked with her tail held up with the tip curled.
  Clara / Oranges / 1y 57d 22h 25m 50s
1234

All posts are either in parody or to be taken as literature. This is a roleplay site. Sexual content is forbidden.

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Use, User Agreement, and Legal.
Roleplay
1234