Replies: 1651 / 8 years 78 days 10 hours 25 minutes 9 seconds
About Six word memoirs have been going around ever since this was founded.
The challenge is to take a certain part of your life and put it into exactly six words to express your feelings about it.
Rules 1. This is 'Six Word Memoirs' for a reason. We're not writing poems with six words in each line, even if it is just two lines. I'm a lenient person, but I WILL START DELETING YOUR POSTS IF YOU DO THIS TOO OFTEN. The objective is to fit a whole idea in just six words.
2. We're looking for deep, meaningful things that make you wonder or want to know more. Nothing too ordinary or, lets face it, stupid. Examples of bad posts: Today I had some ice cream. I'm really really really freaking tired. Poop poop poop poop poop poop.
3. If you make a post and you want to make another one within the same hour or two, please edit your previous post and write it there, underneath your original one. That is, unless two or three more people have posted before you. This eliminates a 'spam' feeling.
Need good examples? These were found in the book "Not Quite What I Was Planning".
1. Still looking for Elvis. No Leads.
2. Never really finished anything, except cake.
3. Not quite what I was planning.
4. Savior complex makes for many disappointments.
5. Bad breaks discovered at high speed.
6. Caring for parents. Life is circular.
7. Nose broken, beauty queen changes profession.
8. Life behind a microphone is lonely.
9. I still make coffee for two.
10. Chosen path leads to bitter remorse.
Be creative. Express yourself. Share your memoirs. And have fun. :]