♘ The Grey Stallion Tavern. ♘

/ By WolvenGlade [+Watch]

Replies: 254 / 8 years 307 days 10 hours 9 minutes 4 seconds

The port is alive with life and color, so saturated in vigor you begin to wonder if the city breathes on its own accord. Like it or not your ship has docked here, and you are in luck to be in such a magnificent place. Drink imports are the most exquisite the world has to offer. Spices are in wide variety, their names so exotic that, when pronounced correctly, are just as strange and enticing as their taste.




Maybe you walk the streets after dinner, or go out with an adventurous purpose- benevolent or malign. Whichever your reason or lack thereof, one day on a quiet side street you notice something... most curious.


A lone door set in a cobbled wall.


Admittedly it isn't much to look at first glance, except you know for certain it was not there the day before. Or the day before that.


Light dances on the threshold at different intensities. People, perhaps things are moving around inside. If you are brave enough to approach you can even faintly hear what may be their voices.




Whenever you begin to look away from the door it starts to fade from existence. Will you decide to enter, your hand poised over the handle? This is your one chance. To walk away means to do so forever, and there your story will end. With absolute certaintly you are aware that whichever you choose there is no going back.


So, for your own reasons,
you turn the handle and go forward.



Owned by Wolven

You enter the smoke-filled tavern, the scent of whiskey and love labours lost hanging thickly in the air like cheap perfume. Seats scatter the premises, yet spaces are clearly coveted so it would be wise that you select a place in which to sit very soon. Flames flicker invitingly as they engulf and caress the oaken logs that produce a friendly fire situated on the right hand side of the entrance.

Winding wooden steps diminish eventually into the perpetual gloom of the mysterious upper-floor overnight quarters. Be warned; screams cannot be heard by the dead.



Warning

All spammers and irrelevant posters will be hunted down- if you're even still alive when we catch you. You will then have your legs broken and kneecaps shattered only to then be burnt at the stake.

We expect you to be respectful and of quality, both with words and picture choice. If you or your picture do not fit the mood of the Tavern, you are out. The only person you have to blame for your expulsion is your self, if it indeed occurs.

Welcome to The Grey Stallion Tavern

Roleplay Reply. Do not chat here. (50 character limit.)

Custom Pic URL: Text formatting is now all ESV3.

Roleplay Responses

[i Hums away to herself as she finally finishes putting a jack-o-lantern on each table, lighting the candles and fixes a witches hat atop her head, it’s festive after all! Adding to the array she pops a couple of candied apples on a tray at the bar counter and experiments with some drinks that smoke or are vivid in colour.]

Can’t get the hang of these.
  Tasia / Nullification / 6d 6h 48m 19s
[i Humming fills the Tavern as the barmaid goes around dropping little candles into messily carved pumpkins that are dotted around in windows and on tables. Never wasteful there’s pumpkin soup simmering on the stove and the place smells successfully like autumn.]
  Tasia / Nullification / 12d 11h 9m 13s
[i It had taken quite the amount of time but given the liveliness of the Tavern she had gone ahead and made something hot, a simple stew. She looked over at the others and the door bursting open caused her to jump and she almost dropped an empty bowl, clutching at it. She eyed the figure that sort of just manifested.]

Uh...

[i Now another person might have been braver to ask what was going but the barmaid stuck to what she knew.]

Drink?
  Tasia / Nullification / 17d 5h 48m 20s
It was amidst all the noise and liveliness of this old tavern that the front entrance was suddenly, and quiet violently, flung upon. A howling gale reverberated thorough the interior, and for those with sharp ear a gentle rustling of cloth could be heard. This instance of chaos lasted merely a moment before the front door slammed itself shut by some unseen force- and yet there wasn't a sign nor even a presence near it.

[i "Noise....

[right ... Too much noise..."]]

A rasping whisper that tickled at the very edge of one's mind. The sound it created caused the very shadows to shiver. The darkness seemed to [i come alive].
Almost as if it had been there all along there was now suddenly an old thread-bare blackened cloak hunched over at the far left corner of the bar. No limbs could be seen nor a face, but one could make out faint black wisps of smoke pouring constantly from out of the hood.

[i "Quite lost are you..? [right .... Yes, quite lost indeed."]]
  The Deceiver / HEAD ES PESSIMIST / X / 17d 5h 56m 0s
[i ::Instinctual reflexes kicked in well before his mind ever did, and Jarod's right hand shot out from under his chin like lightning, grasping Damarion's arm that was reaching for something that may or may not be there. As he turned his gaze to the man, it held a stern look as he stared him down hard before slowly releasing him, with the gaze softening as well and a short laugh radiating from deep in his throat. Whilst it was a wasted effort in of itself concerning his Aphiran friend's own strength and capabilities, looking out for his friends and allies was something he never slept on, regardless of how severe or trivial the threat may be. Upon releasing the man, he gave his shoulder a reassuring slap that was hard enough to get the point across whilst light enough to avoid provocation::]

Don't be so hasty to draw around here, for you will find yourself woefully outmatched.
  Jarod Fenix / WolfShot / 17d 7h 22m 48s
Damarion lifted up one of the scales closest to him, he had been standing to the other side of the man when suddenly what he could only describe as a beast descended from the rafters. Instinctively going for his flintlock pistol only to realize it was no longer there, probably forgotten in an alley somewhere. The others seemed calm in his presence, showing that this was a normal occurrence yet it didn't soothe his nerves. He locked eyes with the creature, unsure if this is who or what they meant by the owner of the Tavern.
  ⧼Damarion⧽ / Vilkacis / 17d 7h 44m 30s
[i ::Jarod eased back as the others joined close to mind the scales, hearing his old friend drop down to join in in the atmosphere. He nodded in casual greeting, but raised an eyebrow at the seeming disapproval of the scale's coloration. However, he regained his composure as Ankt mentioned about crafting them into jewelry, and he lifted his right hand to his chin thoughtfully, giving some consideration to the idea itself. Ever since he slayed the beast he had kept his share of the spoils as they were, only the blade itself having been the sole object crafted from the claimed remains. Remembering that he left the blade upstairs, he was tempted to retrieve it, but thought better and stayed amongst the crowd::]

Suffice to say, Ankt, crafting is not something I ever learned. Though crafting them into items isn't out of thought. Also, Wolven my friend, what's on your mind about the scale?
  Jarod Fenix / WolfShot / 17d 9h 41m 59s
[size10 [i Large ears twitched and shivered at the shuffling above and she all but squeaked unceremoniously when the other unearthed himself from the shadows. How fitting of him, she thinks. A casual interruption followed by a disappearance. She hums and wrinkles her nose for how brief the appearance was but thinks it better to have seen him at all than to not.] "I'm all for a casual visit but that was too brief, pup." [i Dare she say she was a little disgruntled by it? Perhaps, but still she opts to turn her eyes to the darling tender with a smile instead.] "I've got that in abundance but damned I be if I didn't speak bluntly about being annoyed by the wait." [i Snickering a little, she leans her frame back a bit and finds herself looking at the newcomer with a glint of mischief in gold hues.] "Better not to try to find and rather to listen. You'd have a better chance of finding a specific needle in a stack of needles than seeing what doesn't want to be seen."]

[size10 [i Though perhaps they'd be gifted for their patience later on. Either way, the fox simply shrugged and returned her attention to the things that actually were around her at the moment. Specifically, an obsidian glint coupled with Jarod's words all but had her eyes glued. She was rather known to like curious things and what was more curious than the things rarely observed?] "Absolutely stunning," [i she chimed, humming as claws delicately plucked one up to examine the scale more closely.] "You could probably make a pretty penny making these into wearables, Jarod." [i It would seem one grumpy old Aphiran would think otherwise though, as his entrance was soon all she could see and listen to for a few instances. Laughter soon filled her maw with a shake of her head, another wave of nostalgia all but consuming her for a moment at Wolven's gracious behaviour.]]

[size10 [i Scattered gold and jewels, she tipped her head back enough to look at him in his oh-so subtle corner through a new view of topsy turvy appeal. The writhing of her tail nothing short of a sign of good amusement and jovial nature as she doesn't bother to right herself before speaking.] "Goodness me, he emerges at last!"]
  Contradiction / 17d 9h 58m 28s
Perched on one of the lower rafters above Jarod, the Aphiran tilted his head a fraction and perked his pointed ears, muzzle wrinkling a little. Leaning down low, he peered at the scales and languidly lowered himself from the perch, dropping with an uncanny grace that seemed like the very bones of his body contorted. Rolling his neck, he stabbed a claw into one of the scales and dragged it towards himself, lifting it to the light of a lantern and peering at it.

"Obsidian, a little worrying." He murmured low, more to himself than anyone, before flicking the no doubt priceless scale back into the pile. Clearly his currency was solid coin and other gold and silver trinkets. Prowling his way around and over the empty chairs and tables littering the tavern floor, he slid himself into his seat in the far back corner and kicked his clawed, padded feet up on the table, sending coin and gems scattering across the floorboards. His pale gaze fixed on the newcomer as he idly picked at his teeth with a crudely formed, curved bone dagger.
  Wolven. / RAFTERS / WolvenGlade / 17d 10h 35m 48s
[i ::Jarod chuckled and reached over, slipping his hand into the pouch and upon retrieving it, laid a large black scale onto the bartop. The scale was 6 inches in length by 4 inches wide, and was multi-ridged with an obsidian sheen to it. Noticing Damarion in his peripheral, he smiled almost absent-mindedly as he pulled out a few more and laid them out onto the bartop also, before leaning back into his seat and watching the expressions::]

Beautiful, aren't they?
  Jarod Fenix / WolfShot / 17d 13h 54m 35s
[i She followed his gaze upwards and smirked to herself before eyeing him over. Food? She hasn’t had that request in a while honestly, mostly it was drink here but as ever a dutiful barmaid she would rustle something up for him.]

Well.... I have bread, cheeses and cold meats or I could make up a stew. Whatever you fancy, stew might take a little while though but given things are getting a little more lively I’ll probably make it anyway.
  Tasia / Nullification / 17d 14h 46m 26s
[#b40e63 "More like I blacked out, I've been lacking sleep so it seems my body shut down."] He glanced around as if he'd be able to see any sign that the owner of the tavern was present before remembering that she always stares at the rafters. Damarion looked up at the dark ceiling, unable to discern any sign of life. He squinted hard, giving up shortly after. [#b40e63 "Do you have food here or is it purely drink?"] He turned back to the woman, resting his arms upon the bar top.
  ⧼Damarion⧽ / Vilkacis / 17d 14h 51m 16s
The wolf just needs coaxed from his den. Give him time.

[i She giggled and glanced to the rafters once more, eyeing the gold coin. She poured out some of the owners favourite and left it on a table for him, if he so decided to join them, if not she would clear it away.]

And you are quite lucky, Damarion. A rare appearance from the owner and of course you slept through.

[i The woman peers through the pouch with great interest, carefully picking through the contents.]
  Tasia / Nullification / 17d 14h 53m 37s
Damarion's head fell onto the table with a loud thunk, startling him awake. Unsure of when he had fallen asleep with his head in his hands, he merely looked around squinty-eyed before rubbing his face to fully wake up. He noticed the trio were speaking by the bar, and the man had brought down a leather pouch. His curiosity got the better of him, so he walked over to try and see what was inside while attempting to avoid interrupting them.
  ⧼Damarion⧽ / Vilkacis / 17d 15h 2m 52s
[i ::When his shoulder was patted, Jarod gave Ankt a small, reassuring smile before going silent for a short bit. Instead of doing the talking, he settled for listening to the two ladies converse. Before long, he had risen from his stool and made a gesture with his hands that implied he would be right back, and then he was gone up the stairs. By the time he had come back from his trip, he managed to catch a glimpse of an old friend making his way back up into the rafters. Jarod chuckled in an amused, satisfied manner as he reached into a large leather pouch that he had carried down with him, and upon retrieving an item from the pouch he flung a large, jet black scale up into the rafters after his old friend before returning to the bar. As he sat down, he gently placed the pouch between Null and Ankt and gestured for them to take a look inside::]

I had nearly forgotten about those, feel free to take your pick, if you wish. Also, seems I just missed him, didn't I?
  Jarod Fenix / WolfShot / 17d 15h 46m 6s
12345678910..17

All posts are either in parody or to be taken as literature. This is a roleplay site. Sexual content is forbidden.

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our
Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Use, User Agreement, and Legal.
Roleplay
12345678910..17