Why the new site is better. Pros:Replies: 8 / 3 years 41 days 3 hours 47 minutes 31 seconds
Registering is just as fast as logging in so signup now
- No short text limit
- set your own text limit if you'd like
- private messages with instant notification and guaranteed delivery
- see who is online
- better text formatting
- text formatting supported everywhere including profiles
- locking threads works, and you can switch the type at any time
- color themes allow you to change how the site looks
- character names are unrestricted. A bunch of people can register "spider man" and other common names for their RPs
- shows word count and character count while you're replying
- everything is much faster, it won't slow down the server at peak hours
- view other people's threads and recent activity in their profile page.
- Site has instantly generated categories you can easily sort your role plays in. You make the categories
- No ads
- Less bugs
- More secure. Passwords saved with salted hash and every bit of code was checked and double checked.
Why don't you just fix the old one or import everything to the new one?
ES is like 7 years old. It was made in 2003. There's like 9.3 million replies in over 130 threads. Importing all that mess including all the accounts and characters would be a mess and also some people might not like that. The data before was structured badly and there was a lot of flooding and ugliness early on. It's actually faster to rewrite things from scratch than it is to fix the old buggier code made in 2003.
Will the old one be removed
Eventually, yes, but not without a lot of warnings and notice. Maybe in a year or longer so don't worry. Elite Skills itself is safe. It's just the elite skills roleplay I want to phase out.
The old one I made when I was a beginner. It's unsustainable. It had to be completely rebuild from the foundation. Now with 7 years of php experience I present to you this RP, which I'm infinitely more likely to update and improve now that the code is super clean and organized.
I'm posting programming and technology video tutorials again as JimmyRcom on youtube. Please follow!
-- Your loving webmasta who works hard to keep the site free and efficient
Why can't you see the PM's you send ?
This is awesome. I didn't know you made the characters good. No more random signs!
Hey, Ruska . . . Thank you. You put a lot of hard work into something you probably don't use yourself. So, thanks!
((....... Oh yeah! Hi! ^_^))
<<hey! Sam! It's Evan. from the teacher/student rp!!>>
Is there anyway to transfer an rp we have on the old site, to the new site? Without loosing all the post?
<<Hey! it is possible, like on the sidebar next to the messages. like message notification? because i actually lost a rp because i didn't know i had recieved a new message.
I'd just like to say thank you for putting all this hard work into remaking the Roleplay section of Eliteskills. I myself use it on a near dayly basis and love it. I notice how buggy the old one was getting but, couldn't find a way to get into contact with you and ask you about fixing it. I'm glad you made the new Roleplay section. Once again that you for putting all you hard work into Making the new one.
All posts are either in parody or to be taken as literature. This is a roleplay site. Sexual content is forbidden.